Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Moon

Last night Vicki, Amy and I went to see New Moon. We had a little “date” planned if you could call it that. We planned on meeting at a coffee shop for a bite to eat before hand and some beverages. non alcoholic. It’s not my thing to drink before a movie.
Vicki and I met at the coffee shop, but it was closed. So we walked around town looking at things and talking. It was quite a warm evening for November and I found it very refreshing. We made our way back around to the theatre. It was 50 minutes until the movie started, and there wasn’t a line, so we decided to drive to McDonalds and get a coffee and hot chocolate.
  We got there and Vicki ordered her coffee and I ordered my hot chocolate. The girl was new and couldn’t find the “hot chocolate” button on the register, so I just decided to switch to an iced coffee. I was debating on getting one anyway, so that was my sign. Vicki’s coffee was way hot I guess. I don’t know how much of it she was even able to drink before the movie started.
  We got back to near the theatre and there was a small line, nothing big. We looked in the window of a Mexican shoe store or something. They had some pretty fancy looking shoes and way low prices. So I gulped down my drink as fast as I could and tossed it in the trash.
  We went in and got our tickets. I wanted to get something to munch on there, but I didn’t want to wait too long, so we took our seats. We talked and looked around at other people. Then Amy showed up and the movie started. Previews did anyway. I saw some movies based on books being advertised. More books to add to me “must read” list. It’s growing quite large at this point.
   It was close to half way through the movie when I had to pee. It wasn’t too bad, but it was enough I could tough it out for awhile. I started to think Vicki must have had to pee, too. Soon enough Vicki got up and left. Darn coffee. Not doing that again. Maybe a shot might have been a better idea. As soon as she came back I just couldn’t hold it any longer and I had to go to the bathroom. Like a mighty rushing water.
  Ok, back to the movie. It was awesome. It outshone Twilight by far. It was so much more like the book, and I LOVED the graphics of the wolves. It was very enjoyable, and I can not wait until Eclipse next year! I want to read the books again. There I go adding more to my “must read” list.

  Church is having their Thanksgiving today, so I’ve been up since 5:30 making dishes to bring.
  On a side note, 3 years ago today we found out we were pregnant with Andy. I still remember taking the test, and reading it in the kitchen and nearly dropping it and crying on the phone to Joe and telling him we were finally pregnant again. I love my little Andy. My little red, my little Roo. I love my children so much. They bring light where it is dark more often than bringing dark where it’s light. I am forever grateful to God for sending me such beautiful children to shape and mold.

I need to take pictures today of the kids. I haven’t shot them in awhile.  Have a good day, all!
IMG_3688.3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP