Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

     I changed the background on my cell phone to little pumpkins, squash and corn. Thanksgiving must be getting close.

     I am so thankful for my husband. I can’t put into words all that I feel for him, and all he does for me. I feel so spoiled when we are together. He gives me so much more than I deserve… but I’m not going to stop him. Together we’ve created three beautiful boys. It’s so refreshing looking into Jack’s face and seeing Joe. If I could get into Jack’s head, I’m sure it would look like Joe’s too. Joe is always teaching me new things, even if he doesn’t know it. He stays so cool through everything. All our little.. umm… discussions. He really helped teach me to keep my cool and think about things in different ways. I can’t give him complete credit for that, but I’ll give him some. Thank you Joe for the patience you have with me, for creating life with me, for the things you spoil me with, your unfailing love, and, I was going to type undivided attention, but that’s kind of hard to hold up with the kids. It’s ok, you don’t have mine all the time, either. Forgive me if I take my stresses out on you from time to time. You handle that so well, and I am forever grateful. Thank you for taking me in your arms and making me feel protected and safe.  I love you to the ends of the Earth and until God calls us home.

    I finished the advent jar that was started at MOPS on Friday. I am so excited to start this with the boys! It’s filled with fun things to do everyday until Christmas.

IMG_4032IMG_4033

 

    Seeing Christmas lights, playing the snow, baking cookies…. a puzzle with a bible verse on the back to be read when that piece is drawn. When all pieces are drawn it can be put together and colored. Little trinkets, some coins, candy, and things to do for others, color in coloring books… ah! I am so excited. When I was little we would open a window on a house for our advent calendar. It was homemade by my dad and mom (I think) by using poster board, Christmas cards for the pictures on the inside of the windows, and colored pencils for drawing the house and bushes with snow. Every year they would be re taped, and we’d cut the tape again. The door to the house was a picture of Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus, which was also door 25.

   A few years ago I thought about creating something like that as well, but it got started, and never finished. I am so happy to have found something we can do year after year now. I’ll probably get the boys involved in decorating the jar next year.

 

       We will be heading off to Des Moines tomorrow to see Joe’s family and celebrate Thanksgiving. They haven’t met Alex yet, minus one of Joe’s brother’s family who came down for a few days in September. We won’t be making it to my family’s on Thanksgiving feast. I can only imagine it would be rather sad anyway. My great aunt Elke passed away on Saturday after a battle with cancer. She was surrounded by her close family when she passed. She was 65. I’m always going to remember her voice and laughter. I didn’t see her much, but I always associated her with Thanksgiving. Her happy spirits and warm smile. My prayers are with her parents (my great grandparents) and her sisters (my grandma, and 2 other great aunts) Losing a daughter and a sister has got to be so hard. I’m sure they have so many memories to live from, but knowing that making those memories with her will no longer be, is so sad. Her grandchildren will miss her so much, I’m sure.

   I started making my photo greeting cards for Christmas yesterday. I’ve got 6 templates so far this year. Here’s what I have so far!

 

 

   I still want to put some Bible verses on them, and jazz up the photo frame a bit. Totally customizable! They are all 4x6… $25 for 25 including white envelopes… or $15 print your own. I’ve still got more to make, but I don’t think I’ll have time today. We will see.

I’ll leave you with a little Alex.

 IMG_3699

IMG_3705

 IMG_4001 IMG_4010

 

Oh… and my cat geekin’ out. I think there was a mouse in the wall above the shower.

 IMG_4015

 

Have a happy Thanksgiving all!! If you are a mad person… enjoy Black Friday as well!

1 comment:

  1. I finally had a chance to check out your blog. It is great! You are very creative. And your children are stunning ;o)

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP