Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fall

      It feels like fall is already coming to an end. It's very sad. It's the shortest season in my mind, and my favorite. It will end here in a few weeks with Christmas things coming out. I often think about decorating a tree with fall ornaments. They have some very cute ones at Hobby Lobby! I love the orange glittery maple leaves. It's an idea. But I don't know if I'd want it to clash with all the green and red. Winter is not here until December 21. Not that there is anything wrong with winter, I love it, too. But why ruin a good thing too soon? It doesn't matter; I'll still be ruining it right after Thanksgiving anyway.
      I was staring at the naked trees behind our house last night just before sunset. It was beautiful seeing the contrast of the branches against the fiery sky (I think the best sunsets are in February, as far as colors go, though). I looked around and saw we can now see our neighbors' houses behind us. Their beautiful homes. This also means they can see all our junk. Dang it. My thoughts shifted to how and when we are going to get that cleaned up. Poor neighbors, poor, poor neighbors. We'll also have to close the blinds when we dance in the kitchen now.
      I love the frost in the morning. I've got to get out there sooner so I can get some pictures of it on the pumpkins before the sun gets to it. It's so pretty. Glistening like diamonds on every little strand of grass that needs to be cut.... still. It turns the fallen leaves in to masterpieces of beauty again. Fall is full of so many changes. I adore each one.
     I'm going to miss looking out the window and seeing corn in the fields. It's like a buffer between the ground and sky. But, it's still a change I have to embrace.
     On to more exciting things! I got an e-mail last night and the Dell (DUDE! I'm getting' a Dell!) has been shipped. It will be here this week! I can't wait to put all my files and programs on it. I should probably clean up my stuff before then. I'm a pretty organized person. I try to be with the computer, but it's where I need to most work. Thanksgiving resolution, maybe.
      Speaking of Thanksgiving, on to Day 5 of thankfulness! Today I am thankful for God's handiwork in nature. The beauty He achieves. He does the most amazing job of blending colors and creating views and smells that take my breath away (minus that of the cows). Looking out on the country side at the silhouette of barns and silos at sunset or gazing at my sleeping children with dim light kissing their round cherub cheeks. How I love those moments God gives to me. I hope I never take them for granted.
   I kind of bounced around this morning. I don't have a lot of time since the kids got up early.... again. I'm thinking about putting black garbage bags over their windows.

2 comments:

  1. My MIL has a fall tree. It's a small christmas tree and she decorates it with fall leaves and scarecrows. It's really cute :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. I think I might break down and do it.

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP