Thursday, November 12, 2009

30 days hath September, April, June and November.

     Dang, I hate missing a day. I feel like I lose time. But that's something I should be used to by now. Today I'm going to talk about lingerie. If that makes you uncomfortable, don't read it. I'll give you plenty of warning. It's going to be a long one

      We got our new mattress Tuesday, and it's fantastic. If only we could get to bed before midnight now. It's going to be a goal today to get in there by 10. The bed is so tall now! I love it. I feel like I'm staying in some luxurious (it's the word of the day today, so watch for it in other areas of the blog) hotel. The bed feels like a giant pair a lips kissing my body. I can't think of another way to describe what it feels like. It's not overly soft, and not overly firm. It's just kissing. A new comforter is now going to be a high priority. We've been using our full size comforters on our queen bed for 2 and a half years, and now the bed is even taller, and it's just not covering it.







        We toasted the other mattress that same night. Up in flames it went. I stepped out to take a picture and over my head, so silent it was eerie, flew a large bird. It landed in a tree near the fire, and only then did I realize it was an owl. They move so quietly. So, this owl prompted my thinking about the saying "wise as an owl". So, what makes an owl wise? Nothing. They have very small brains relative to their body. The saying perhaps dates back to the Greek Goddess of Wisdom....Athena. She was often depicted with an owl. Why the Greeks associated an owl with her wisdom is, from what I can guess, because they were mysterious. Animals of the night. Large eyes taking in everything around them. A head that can turn 270 degrees either way. It's a pretty amazing animal... but certainly not a wise one. Either way, I still think owls are an awesome sight to see.... especially with their luxurious feathers.




        If you have a Hy-Vee near you, check out the weekly circular (you can sign up for it to be e-mailed to you on their website) they are having some awesome deals tomorrow for "Friday the 13th". Hamburger Helper for $.89 anyone?! Sign me up for that! Eight ounces of shredded cheddar....... $1?!? Braeburn apples $.49/pound? Butter Kernel veggies $.49/can? Sign me up for that! BOGO sales? Yes! I will be there tomorrow. I can't miss out on these things!! All things we use often in our home. Go Hy-Vee! So luxurious!

      Oh, moving on to the child section of my blog. My kids... I love them so. Jack is so funny. Not intentionally, but innocently. Yesterday Jack and Andy found a dead lady bug. Those nasty, smelly, not so luxurious things. Jack put it in the fish tank and he says, "Fish like to eat lady bugs." I tell him, "No, not that kind." Where he replies "Not that kind of lady bug?" "No, Jack, that kind of fish." I was telling Joe this and he thought the exact same thing. Oh, my J boys. On more kid notes, Andy ran into one of their dressers yesterday. Really bumped up his head. He was screaming, and I can only imagine it hurt so terribley bad. I kissed it until I could kiss no more. That really isn't possible. My kisses are never ending for my kids. But I could only do it so long jumping back and forth between him and Mr. Alex who is totally teething, and not happy about it. He is Exersaucer-ing now!














**Lingerie warning!**Lingerie warning!**Lingerie warning**

     Don't say I didn't warn you. Ok, so I've never had anything pretty or sexy-like besides my bridal set I got at Walmart 5 years ago. Yes, it still fits, by the way, but I wanted to upgrade to something a little less newlywed, and more 5 years of bliss and 3 kids later. Something to remind me I'm more than a wife and mother. I am a woman.

        I dropped the hint to Joe last month and said it would be really nice for Christmas. I was NOT expecting something expensive or fancy. My husband went the extra TEN miles and purchased something for me at Victoria's Secret. Ooo, it was LUXURIOUS! The red robe was heavenly. I've not had anything that caressed my skin that way, that I can recall. Also in the bag was a red baby doll top and underwear.
       Well, the underwear fit, but the top did not. I was crushed! I had to tell Joe it didn't fit. He was a little upset (only because of me, not for his own reasons, just to clarify) because the sales person assured him it would fit my size. Not so much.
       We went back up to Victoria's Secret last night and I returned the set. Only after much searching and roaming through the land of lingerie to find they carry nothing like this in my size. I seriously must wonder HOW this is possible! The carry XS, S, M, L. That's IT! Tell me how many XS women you know, besides teens?! And, you can not mix and match if you ever have a problem with the upper not matching the downer.     
      I was nearly in tears in there to have something so pretty dangled in front of me and the ripped away! They had regular old pajamas and tanks, but that's not what I wanted. I wanted something a little nicer. I e-mailed "Victoria" last night and spoke of my venture and disappointment. The average bra size was 36C last time I checked. Wouldn't it make sense to go the same amount of cup sizes both ways around that? Oh well. I still love their bras. I did get something for me. I found it a JCPenney by Ambrielle. It's not as sexy, but the material was so..... luxurious. I'd show a picture, but it's not listed on the JCP website for some reason.
       I'll probably do more shopping at Penney's now in that area after this experience. And as a bonus, the prices are even similar to Victoria's Secret! Yes! I kid you not! I actually did get the set on sale though. I did keep the robe. It is awesome, and that at least fits. I should have suggested to Vicky to create a plus size store, or a store for more "blessed" women. Victoria's Supple Secret. Ah, that would have been good.

**End Warning**End Warning**End Warning**



       I've been wearing this new fragrance from Bath and Body Works "p.s. i love you". I hated it at first spray, but once it dried it smelled yummy. I snuck into BBW last night and spritzed on their Eau de Toilette since I heard that smelled smoother than the body splash. YES! It does. It smells so luxurious. Like I've just walked through a garden with roses being whisped on my skin. It's going on my Christmas list, or birthday list. I've also read the Eau de Parfum is even better, but I didn't see that in the store anymore. I think it was a limited time only thing. I missed the limit, dang. I didn't want to wash my wrists. It was so delicious. I was drawn in by their new Evergreen candles. Oh, it was a beautiful blend of aromas. If I closed my eyes I could have been in an evergreen forest. It was not hard and pungent, it was beautiful. Like pine in the breeze. Mmmm. Go smell it yourself.

Eau de Parfum

Eau de Toilette



I like dragonflies and I found a dragonfly necklace at Penney's! It's so pretty. Keeping my eye on it for markdowns in the future. No picture of that either on their site! What gives? Maybe it's too cheap to list. OH! But look what I found? *gag* Eat it up Obama lovers.





It's kind of a down day around here, but I will find something to do.... such as getting the laundry room ready for redoing! We got sheet vinyl last night and I am so excited to finally get that room done, and the bathroom down there as well. Life is still pretty good considering all other issues. I still have my health (which is what I am thankful for today), my family, my sanity and many other luxurious things.



4 comments:

  1. Hey nice mattress!!!
    Oh I totally hear you on Victoria Secret... only thing I can get from there is pj pants! I finally did find a place close to us that I can get bras from... and for only $50 bucks!!! Thats quite the achievement for me ;)
    Hey whats up?? Drop me a line... Sorry to hear you're having a down day. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, down as in slow, not bad :) I'll drop you a line a bit later. Jack and I just finished making banana bread, so I have to clean up :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes... I made banana bread. And it looks very yummy. I can't decide if I should submit that recipe to the cookbook for OT or the rosemary chicken. maybe I'll do both.

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP