Friday, November 20, 2009

Enter a post title v1.0

    How many times can we listen to Best friend by Toy-Box on the way to MOPS? Somewhere between a crap load and a crap ton! It does have a fancy beat.
     We stopped off and saw Joe on our way home. I looked at Jack and saw his shirt was on backwards. Darn it… I got their faces cleaned before we were out the door this morning, but I forgot to check clothes to make sure everything was on right. It wasn’t totally noticeable since it was just stripes. Now, if it had been a  hoodie, I don’t think I could have gotten away with it as easily.
       We just got back from a little walk to get the mail and take a journey around the town. Alex fell asleep in the stroller. He looked so snug and toasty wrapped up in the fuzzy blankets. Only his little face was exposed. I kept looking down at him sucking on his pacifier as I was watching the reflection of the trees and sky pass by in his eyes. He was so content, just at peace.
     Next week we’ll be bringing out the holly and the ivy! Well, not exactly. But some fake variations of such things, and the tree… fake as well. But the lights are real! Can’t fake those. No- you can’t fake those. But you can use them to create other fake things. Such as deer. You know,  the ones that have the neck bend down to the ground to eat. I used to want some, but they look so ugly during daylight hours. It’s just something weird on my part. Please don’t take offense if you own a wire deer. They do look pretty at night.
   We’ve gotten 2 letters from professional Christmas light decorators. While they have impressive examples, I fear the charges would be insane. There isn’t a list on the website of charges. I wonder if it is per bulb… and of course there is no question that temperature is a factor. Charging more for each degree colder is also a must. Then there is hourly rate, too. They had a McDonald’s example!! Some of these houses were so lit up I began to wonder what I was looking at. An optical illusion? maybe if I squint harder I’ll see Santa. Who knows.
        Alex had his 4 month check up Wednesday. He’s 15 pounds and 25 inches long. He’s ranked in the 50th percentile. He looks so chunky to me, that very soon I’m going to be getting out the 6-9 month clothes. The 3-6’s are just starting to fit a touch to tight for my taste. All my boys had big feet when they were born, and their feet rarely fit in the outfits for their month size. I usually have to  do socks and pants.
     Today I am thankful for breastfeeding. Not only because of the abounding benefits, but because I can nurse and read with 2 hands. I can help Andy get dressed, and Jack if he is being stubborn. I can also type with 2 hands on my phone, or one on the computer.
  Next week is Thanksgiving, and I can hardly wait for all the yummy food! Too bad I won’t be enjoying them fully. Half my mouth won’t be anyway. It’s very sad. I feel unbalanced.
  Ok, no pictures again. I just haven't had time with the other photos I’ve been taking. Off to make supper now an prep for Ms. A’s photo shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP