Monday, November 16, 2009

It’s Monday

Yes… yes… why it IS Monday! I’m sitting here enjoying a slice of bread baked last night. Yummy. I love the smell of baking bread. It beats out nearly all the other smells of baking I know. Fresh and warm at the same time. It’s awesome.

  So, this Windows 7 is pretty awesome. I must say my favorite thing so far is the dock on the desktop. I can click right to my blog here… where it actually shows me my template as I am tying in the font I’ll be posting with. Oh! And it has spell check!!! YES! I am so excited about that. There are some pretty sweet games on here as well, but I have no time to figure them out. Instead of having bars in the taskbar for minimized windows, it creates small icons. If there are more than one window open in explorer it stacks them on top of one another. Just hover your mouse above the icon and it will give you a live screen shot of what you have open. Click which screen you want to be at. Ah, I love it. There are so many more awesome things about this is as well, but I’m stopping there now.

This weekend was spent setting up the new computer. I’ve spent a lot of time reinstalling programs and locating things I lost on the other one. What a mess. I need to delete a ton of old stuff I don’t need anymore.

Saying good-bye to the beast.

IMG_3379

  I was getting ready for a shoot on Friday rushing around trying to get things together. Jack was asking me half a million questions about random things and I said to him “Jack, I can't really talk right now.” To which he replied “You have hiccups?”. He takes everything so literally.

  Today I am thankful for Alex. He’s 4 months old today. It’s hard to believe that he was born 4 months ago already. The trees were lush and green. Now they are bare and brown. Alex is such a blessing to us. An gift we weren’t expecting, but so glad we received. I love watching him learn and absorb everything. He talks a lot now, mixed in with little screams. He’s teething, so I can’t blame him. The teeth are getting closer to breaking through. His gums are more firm now than they were a few days ago. I feel for my little guy… and myself. This teething business is tough!

     So, we have 38 days and 12 hours until Christmas. Wow! I want my shopping done sooner than last year. I’m praying this Christmas will be better than last. We all had the stomach flu. Jack and I were throwing up on cue at 15 minute intervals. What an awful mess. Andy started in the day before and Joe missed the puking but had the aches. I was still fighting some morning sickness at the same time. We all slept on Christmas pretty much. We didn’t go anywhere. We took a 4 hour nap in our bed. All of us piled together. That was so tough. We were out for days! I think it was 5 before we were better. I can’t wait for this year. Hoping we can enjoy a real Christmas!!

  We made a run to Burlington on Saturday and I was running behind by a bit. I was supposed to meet Joe at work at 3. On our way out of town we came upon an accident probably 10 minutes or less old. I couldn’t help but think that if we weren’t running late could we have been involved in that. It makes me shiver thinking about it. Or, if we were running on time, maybe it could have been prevented. Either way, it’s kind of scary.

  I’m signing off to do my Monday housework. Tomorrow is the crown lengthening surgery. A little nervous, but I know it needs to be done and over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP