Saturday, December 5, 2009

MOPS and all.

 

  It’s been awhile since I’ve blogged. Ok, not really, but “long” for me. Can you tell I’ve been busy? Anyway, we had our MOPS Christmas gathering yesterday. It was awesome! There wasn’t a guest speaker, instead we listened to the “Behold the Lamb of God” album by Andrew Peterson along with viewing the slide show. Can I just tell everyone.. LISTEN TO IT!!!! You all know the Christmas story, but his words put a new perspective on everything. So poetically and perfectly said! A few little funny lines in there, but really… I have been so moved by this album. I think about things I never thought about before… like, everyone knows Mary was a virgin. But just think about how painful it must have been to give birth as a virgin! As a mom I can relate to Labor of Love so much more now. The birth of Christ is an amazing thing… and this album has really helped me appreciate this even more.

  Mr. Peterson’s album starts before the birth story… way back to the prophets telling of his birth. It’s beautiful. You can listen to the whole thing:

http://andrew-peterson.com/players/btlog/beholdthelamb.html

and please do!!

  Ah, I just love MOPS in general. What an awesome thing. Especially for stay at home moms. Some weeks I live for MOPS. I live for the 1st and 3rd Fridays… hahaha. The fellowship is fantastic. If you can, join  a MOPS group near you. I got my MOPS t-shirt in yesterday as well. I was so excited to wear it today. It’s just so nice to go to a place where women line the couches in the back to nurse their babies while listening to a speaker without a second glance.

Ok, onto my life and my kids… I don’t have any of Andy… next time :)

IMG_4471

IMG_4476

this was during Andy’s nap time. Jack got the blanket and laid on the floor with his little brother.

IMG_4481

some much hated “tummy time”

IMG_4497

“i give up, Mom”

IMG_4501

“Ok, one more try.”

We did Christmas pictures in front of the tree tonight. It wasn’t anything fancy or big. Just trying to get it done for our cards! It went well. Andy’s the hardest to get to listen at this age. You know what the opposite of “easy” is? “Hardy”. Thank you, Andy. He’ll bring me his shoes and tell me “It’s hardy.” I get a giggle from that every time.

Ok, so who flipped the cold switch? BUR!  I am looking forward to some snow. After New Year’s, it can go away.

  The advent jar is going very well! We looked at lights, got tattooed, watched a Christmas show with popcorn and cocoa, had some candy, and played a game. Well… we haven’t done the game yet, but we will soon.

    Cookie Walk is this coming Saturday!!! I haven’t signed up what I want to make yet. We missed church last week. I want  to make a cake or two, and then a banana bread or two. Or, maybe I’ll do one of each.

  I’m off to edit some more pictures! Have a good one!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe how big Alex is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a new family Christmas photo from you. The one I have in my living room is from when Jack was a baby.

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP