Friday, December 18, 2009

Just a moment

   I need just a moment to sit and type as bit even though I am busy. I’m just going to sum up our week. Oh, what a week it has been! I can only pray next week goes better. I keep hearing about all this sickness going around, and I am praying extra hard that it misses our home. Last year we were all down with the flu Christmas Eve- a few days after Christmas. It was terrible.

   It was so cold earlier this week. I walked for about 10 minutes outside in the wind waiting for Joe to come pick me up from an appointment. He forgot his cell phone so it didn’t dawn on me until  my ears were numb from the cold and my forehead was hurting from the wind that maybe it was a bad idea and I should just call Menards and have him paged. Duh. But, wow! What a refreshing feeling to have warm blood rushing back to your cheeks and face… and have it stay warm! It was a cool sensation.

  I was late to this appointment. By more than 10 minutes! I am never late like this and it bothered me to no end. When I got home I glanced down at my calendar and I had wrote down 11:25. My appt was for 11:15, and I knew that. It was 11:15 in my phone and on the white board calendar, and I knew it in my head. I had scheduled myself to be late. Also, my phone alarm goes off 15 minutes before the time of my appointment, but it can be changed. I leave it set to 15 minutes for most things. Yeah, my alarm went off 5 minutes before 11:15… or 15 minutes until 11:25. Funny stuff I tell you.

Here’s Jack with some whiskers-

IMG_5083

My mom’s birthday was on Wednesday, and it was also Alex’s 5 months birthday! I had to make a cake (for my mom. I don’t celebrate month birthdays…. ok, maybe 6 months just so I can make another cake). Anyway, lightly using “had to”. I really wanted to! I need the practice.

IMG_5094 IMG_5095 

I know I need work, but it’s fun practice.. and yummy, too!

IMG_5104

Earlier that day I stepped on a cup Jack left on the floor. He seriously hardly ever does such a thing. I twisted my ankle and it hurt for a little bit but the pain went away. I even jumped on the treadmill and ran around with the boys. I was wearing my walking shoes. After I changed out of my indoor shoes and put my boots on to go to my mom’s house, the pain really began. My foot began to swell and I couldn’t walk on it at all. Thanks to my brother, Jared, I was able to make it to the van to leave. He did, however, kick my foot in trying to help me. Took a big old RX dose of Ibuprofen and iced the sucker when I got home and then went to bed. It was much better the next day and again today. Still swollen and sore, but I am living with it. Who knew a sprain could hurt this much?

So yesterday was fun. I had my ankle to deal with and my kids. My kids were missing their angel wings yesterday…..

IMG_5112   IMG_5116

I just love how the beam of light is being accented by the ashes. Oh, and you can see their toys in it was well. Ashes are awesome for driving cars through. So, I was very blessed to have a fancy Kirby to assist me in the clean up. It just needs mopped now. Now, remember sprained ankle here! I had to carry the honkin’ vacuum down the stairs, too. On my way back up I noticed a single paper towel on the stairs half way crumbled and stained with ashes on one side, on the other, a place for a little fist to hold. Well, I have to give them credit, they kind of tried to clean it up. But Jack gives himself away all of the time when he looks at me, grabs a kitchen towel and runs down stairs yelling “Don’t come down here, Mom!” You better believe I’m coming down there now!

 

  Ok, as the day went on we made cookies….

 IMG_5119 IMG_5120    IMG_5124

The got to lick the beaters before I added the oatmeal-  IMG_5126.2

 

Then after Daddy got home we made some Apple Cinnamon Chex mix!

IMG_5127 IMG_5128

Here they are discussing the baby raisins. The little raisin eggs that have baby raisins inside.   

IMG_5132

 

Here, Andy is opening an egg!IMG_5133 IMG_5134 IMG_5135 

No baby raisin eggs in it yet!IMG_5138

 

Ok, Not a lot to entertain you immensely but I just wanted to throw this one out there before we get busy! Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures as usual, Amber! Well, minus the living room one. That one just gave me anxiety and reminded me that I need to clean MY own messy house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wasn't the livingroom, thank goodness!! It was our rec room down stairs. Although this could have also happened in the livingroom. Those kid.... trouble trouble! lol

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP