Thursday, February 18, 2010

Keep on dreamin’

   I have got to stop eating right before bed. The last 2 nights have been filled with vivid, crazy dreams. I know that they are, in part, due to the vast amount of children’s books I have been reading as well. 

(orange churros and chocolate dip)
IMG_6573.bw.  IMG_6578.bw. 

    Polluted beaches, washed up giant crab legs with claws…  there is no way I am swimming in that water if crabs that big are living in it. Loatham Beach for our vacation. I don’t care how pretty blue it is. I don’t care if I threw 2 kids out of a window on a bridge into the water. (They were natives… they do this all the time. They just wanted some extra “spring”.) Oh, but then Jack begs me to throw him out. I told him there was no way he could move out of the way fast enough like those kids did to avoid missing the rocks.  Ok.. now I’m in the water. Ok, not so bad… must get back to land. I go under water.. and oh my SAVE ME! Orcas are swimming with me. I can see their teeth. They are smiling at me. I’m scared, swimming for shore! Then I’m on shore and turn and see the 2 orcas’ dorsal fins swimming about and water spraying from their blow holes. Now I’m next to a crab leg and look up on the side of the mountain, and there is a long necked dinosaur. Not a big one. But he looks mean, he’s purple and gray with a weird thing on his head and he’s going somewhere, to do something. I don’t know what. I went into a restaurant across from the beach. It was pretty run down. That’s all I can remember right now. I haven’t had a scary dream like that in ages. Of course it wasn’t too scary. I didn’t wake up feeling scared or anything. But my word… orcas are creepy!

  Ok, who for just a minute thought I was telling a real story?

     I was looking at purses at a department store. I found this adorable saddle brown one with some muted fall-type colors in an embroidery type design on the front. I loved it. I looked for a price tag on the inside and I couldn’t find one. So I asked someone how much this purse was. Her reply as she sits down to eat? “All of the mom purses are $30.” Ok, so now I am very embarrassed that I was loving a “mom purse.” I put it down and then realize the price was right on the rack on a bright yellow tag… oh my gosh! I’m at WALMART! And the tag said $35, not $30. Must be on sale. I put it back and said I’d never pay that much for a purse. The most I’ll ever pay is $15. And I walked away. And I realized I really loved that purse and I really didn’t care that it was a “mom purse.” I ended the dream wondering how I was going to buy the purse.
   You know, on second thought… I may just keep eating before bed.

(mocha espresso cheese cake cups with fresh whipped cream and cinnamon) IMG_6677
And while we are still on food… these were yummy, too…
(spinach rice cakes) IMG_6587
Some photos….. we played “camp out” in the living room,
IMG_6562
IMG_6559
Here, Andy is putting the penguin in the fire pit.
IMG_6560
My lip is healing nicely, and the boys have been good. I’ve cleared a few more books in the last week, and now I’ve just started the Maximum Ride series.
  Yesterday I went to move Emili off of Alex (who just had shots) when I touched her to move her she meowed and Alex turned his head her way and smiled sooo big in his sleep. I left her there. That kid loves that cat.
  He also loves his big brothers. Jack loves laying with him on the floor. I was able to capture this of the two of them. When Jack would pull his hand back, Alex would turn to look for it. These two already have a pretty strong bond.
IMG_6566 
IMG_6568.2.
  I got around to doing Alex’s 6 month (ok, 7 month) pictures yesterday, and today. I just skipped the studio and used natural light, which is preferred in most cases anyway. I’ll have those in another post later. I’m still working on them.
  I’ve changed my voice mail message on my cell phone. I wanted something a little bit more upbeat and….. me. I don’t know how long I’ll leave it, but I’m not counting years.
  I’ve been going to the library often recently. So, naturally, I’m getting books for the kids, too. Most recently I got some dinosaur books, a couple of T. Rex ones. Jack and I had just finished reading a T. Rex one. He then goes and brings to me his deinonychus (he knows that’s what this one is called) and started calling it a T. Rex. I had to tell him to look at the fingers. There were 3 fingers on that and T. Rex only has 2. He looked at me confused and picked up the T. Rex book we had just finished. I think he’s going to turn to the page where it says they have TWO FINGERS, but instead he shows me the cover and counts the THREE fingers on there, and then I decide to flip through the book, and sure enough on another page it shows a photo with 3 fingers! Poor kid was confused. I had to tell him those pictures were wrong. Of course he informed Joe of this the second he walked in the door “Dad!! This wrong!!”
  So, anyway, my sister says that perhaps archeologists or someone made a mix up and put the wrong arms on the T. Rex, and maybe they did have 3 fingers. She said it was probably like the global warming thing. It’s not real, but people are still pretending it is to avoid admitting a mistake. HA! I about fell out of my chair laughing. She really needs to start a blog. She’s got such a good way with words…. oh, she’s probably right, too.
Yippee…. off to another afternoon listening to Dinosaur. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP