Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I can’t even remember...

… the last time I had an entry. I could look.. but I’m too lazy. I’m starting this February 9… 10:48pm. My evening has been a little more than uneventful.

 


IMG_6092.2.

 
     I made an awesome supper… it is one of my favorites. Parmesan catfish with mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus. Things are going pretty well!

   House smells good, fish looks good… asparagus tastes good…. call from husband, running late, relay message to friend and then mother (who I am meeting to watch The Time Traveler’s Wife) ok, fine!

     All is well, head out at 6:25…. keep trying to get out, can’t, try again, can’t… get shovel… shovel driveway…. try again. Stuck. Get awesome husband to help. Husband can’t help. Used all his super powers at work today. Car stuck in driveway, front smashed into bush.. car slid 90 degrees… it happens, people. Ok, I can do this!!! Friend has starving kids, getting late… 6:45 now. Taking van. Minivan is friend. Good, good friend. Gets me to friends house and then to mother’s home to watch movie…. 7:30. Roads were bad.. snow… snow.. slick snow.

   Movie not good. Awful compared to book. Leaves out characters and important parts. A couple of cute scenes… but overall… no good. Bad.

  


     Ok, I can deal with a bad movie…. off to Walmart I go. I debated on even going, but whatever. I pull out the return I have.. I get $12 something back. Awesome. Going to stick in pocket. no front pockets. Darn. Put in wallet? No, back pocket will be fine. Ok.. shopping….

  Now shopping. Getting items, putting items in cart. Reviewing meal plan for week. Getting juice, meat.. salmon, yummy. Ok, all done. 45 minutes, ready to go home. Unload items on belt in nice groups for easy bagging. Makes me smile. Lady is friendly. Makes me smile again.  Lady starts ringing up items. I get wallet out of purse.. wait. No wallet. No…. no wallet. Cold sweat. Someone stole wallet! No. It could not be. Must be in van. Tell lady to stop! Call husband, no answer. Hang up. He calls back. Ask about wallet. He does not know. Wallet not in van. I check. I remember. Wallet in diaper bag. Duh. Placed wallet in diaper bag yesterday so I wouldn’t have to carry purse AND diaper bag into library. Genius moment backfired.

  Assure ladies will be back. Sending husband out to get them. Come home and call to tell them he is on his way.

 

  I’m laughing on the inside, and a little on the outside… it’s really not my night! I didn’t do anything wrong to deserve this, so I’m waiting for the other shoe to be lifted!! :D

YAY! Husband pulled in with red cape whipping in the wind, and a sparkle in his smile! Love him!!

YAY! Car is unstuck! Log chain. Yes. Truck…. yes. So happy for truck.

 

 

February 10:

Well, now to play catch up on the last couple of weeks.


IMG_6083.2.IMG_6094

All of this snow just had to be played in! Jack went out a couple of days ago. I told him to shovel the side walk. I was kidding, but he shoveled a little path!

IMG_6551IMG_6554

 

 

Alex has 2 teeth now! Yes, I know the pictures below are not of them.


IMG_6507

IMG_6512IMG_6523

And here’s one for memories:

IMG_6547.2.

 

And I have a REAL fake tooth now.. ok, just a crown, but it is finally done!! The day I was supposed to have the crown finished I was doing some laundry at the table. I bent over full force and smacked my face on the top of the chair. I stayed bent over registering the pain…. that wasn’t very bad and just covered my mouth. Jack asked me if I hurt myself. “Yes, Jack.” Then I tasted blood. I went to the bathroom to inspect my mouth. What I saw, I didn’t expect. Blood coming from the outside of my mouth. No way. Did I really just do that? Yes, yes I did. I bit right through below my bottom lip. Wow. Once a silly fear of mine had come true. And it wasn’t that bad.

I really faced my fears on that one.

 

Anyway, it swelled up a bit, but the swelling was nearly gone a few hours later at my appointment. Yes, I still went. I have been waiting MONTHS for this thing! And I wasn’t sure how much longer the temporary could last. The oozing from the outside of my mouth didn’t stop until 6 hours after the accident… or right at the end of my appointment. My lip never swelled again, and stayed pink. You can’t tell anything has happened to me now, except for some scabbing under my lip and I will most likely have a scar.

shortly after it happened:

 

 


 

IMG_6494.2.

a little later that night:


IMG_6498IMG_6499.2.

 



Jack went to work on the house with Joe. He fell asleep after watching Shark. My sweet little boy is such a fantastic helper at 4! He has switched laundry for me, folds towels and rags, and many other things. Andy is catching on as well. I’ll take all the help I can get while it’s still fun to them!


IMG_6102 IMG_6105 

 



I love my oatmeal!

fun.s. IMG_6128.2.3. 

 


The shark puppets from Christmas are still a hit:

IMG_6181



 

Here are some videos:

 

 

 

Well, Valentine’s Day is coming up… that really means nothing to me… or us I should say. I still think it’s a silly holiday, but perhaps Joe and I will share a box of chocolate covered cherries. It would be a good excuse for that. Or maybe I’ll make a cake. I don’t know, but I think I should use Valentine’s Day as an excuse for sweets.. somehow.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you... what a day you had lol!
    Everything always has to happen at once eh.
    Love the new photos of the boys. Alex is getting SO big.
    Aren't little helpers the best. Carson loves to help too cause hes a big boy, and at times when he doesnt he tells me he's "not that big yet" LOL

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP