Monday, September 20, 2010

Things change so quickly.

 

 

 




  This can be good or bad! And in our case, just  a few days ago, things weren’t exactly good. But God has made the badder… better!  He raises up all who are bowed down. He lifts up those who fall. He is good.


  I’m not going to go into details too much about this particular issue, but my heart was broken. Not sobbing, crying, wailing broken. Just broken. From shock, perhaps. Even though I know I should have known better. However, I went in not thinking like I should have, and unfortunately, I think we’ve lost this… thing. Which probably isn’t all bad. The whole “God making the badder better” thing is unfolding now. Very beautifully, I might add. Actually this is applying to 2 different cases at the moment. Both seemed to crash right around the same time.

  At church on Sunday, we were late. It’s the first time in many weeks this has happened. We got side tracked… eating donuts, playing with the kids, computer, etc. Loading the van I think takes at least 15 minutes, if not longer. And this has absolutely nothing to do with my point… other than I missed singing and worshiping to one of my favorite songs. Very bummed.

  Anyway, so while we are worshiping, my heart still broken, I am praying. “God, please show me what I’m supposed to do. Where am I supposed to turn? Where do we go from here? Give me a sign, please. Work in someone’s heart to tell me.” And then that was it. I just gave it up and kept praying about it… and kept on worshiping.

  Singing ended and Pastor Gary told us to greet for a few moments. So I turned around I and it was like he was waiting for me. I shook his hand and I told him my name and he told me his. I had never met him before, nor seen him, to my knowledge. The next thing he told me was “It’s going to be ok. Everything is going to work out. Don’t worry about it.” HELLO! If that isn’t a message, I don’t know what is.  I was shocked, honestly. I just said “ok… alright.” and sat down. I wish I would have thanked him for listening to the Holy Spirit moving in him… because he did, indeed, deliver to me exactly what I needed to hear. I need to wait. I have a tendency to pull God with me

instead, I should be letting Him lead me.


  Now, anyone can tell me what this gentleman told me. But someone I’ve never met? Right after a prayer from a wounded heart?  If you feel the Holy Spirit moving in you to do something… to tell someone something, DO IT! Even if you think you’re going to sound silly. Knowing the meaning of the message is not important, but delivering it is. That could be the answer to someone’s prayer and God has trusted YOU to deliver it.

  I’ve been on the opposite side before, and it wasn’t easy for me to listen but I did. I have no idea what happened after I delivered the message I was ordered. But that’s not what is important. I know I did what I was supposed to do.

  I wish more people would listen to the Holy Spirit instead of fearing that they will sound or look silly. Those people who write up horoscopes don’t care, and people buy them!! They actually count them as credible. Hmmm… listen to the stars or the one who created them? I put my faith in the one above them. I hope you do, too.




   God Bless.



freedom2

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP